Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Things that are True


This weekend, 12 close friends and I stayed in a cell phone receptionless cabin in the middle of the woods of Loganville, Wisconsin. Where is Loganville? I still have no idea. 

Our original intention was to chop down our own Christmas trees a la Christmas Vacation. But soon the focus shifted to family style meals, climbing rafters and rooms with bear mummies. 

Oh and not getting murdered in the woods. 

Amidst wooden framed photos of the bizarre strangers we were renting from was the wooden plaque above. 

I was suddenly so overwhelmed by the fact that JC & I are adults living in a huge city and have still managed to find a group of 10+ friends who feel more like family. I am the kind of person who, when struck by such thoughts, is not above blubbering like a baby in front of everyone. Sorrs.

Enjoy the little things 
for one day
you may look back
and realize
they were the big things. 


The second thing that is true is that vodka, despite its ability to disguise itself inside friendly, innocent red & green holiday jello, is not my friend. But that is neither here nor there.

No comments:

Post a Comment