Monday, October 24, 2011

Refocusing ... and Squash Lovin'

I know I haven't blogged in approximately forever. For this, I apologize. I know I had a couple loyal readers and I truly appreciate you precious pumpkins! The honest truth is, I felt my little bloggy had gotten away from what I intended it to be originally. I wanted it to be a reflection of myself and a mirror for my happiness - I wanted to be able to house all of the small things that happen each day that make me grateful, so that when things get a little hard I have a place to remind me why stress isn't important. But I really got away from that concept because I think I started "safe blogging", or writing about topics that I was hoping others would be interested in, instead of focusing on what interests me. So that's what I'm going to do now. And if you read along, awesome! And if you don't, that's OK, too. You see, one of my life goals at this moment is to live my life the way I want to - not the way that I think I am supposed to, or in the way that I believe others would like me to. It is a hard thing, but I'm pushing myself because I think it will bring me a new level of fulfillment.

Today I am grateful for ... 


Spaghetti Squash!  

Is it bizarre that an autumnal squash is making me smile through the work day today? Probably, unless you know me, and are familiar with my anything-fall obsession. When you know that, I guess the spaghetti squash affair is just another drop in the weirdo bucket.

I love spaghetti squash because it's fun to cook with 


You just bake it for half a century, let it cool and voila, the squash comes out like noodles when you scoop with a spoon. 

I love spaghetti squash because it is healthy. One 4 oz serving has approximately 37 calories. Take that, carbalicious regular spaghetti!

I have an awesome recipe for spaghetti squash that JC loves, so crafting dinners that are fun, nutritious AND receive the fiance seal of approval is always the ultimate slam dunk. I can't wait to go home and get my 'sghetti squash on! 



No comments:

Post a Comment