Monday, August 22, 2011

I think it's love: Pastoral Artisan

Who's having a molasses-esque Monday morning? I know it's not just me. Admit it!

As per usual these days, I have a slammed work day ahead of me and a baseball game tonight with my girl KMac (GO BRAVES!!!), so I'll keep this short and sweet.

Very sweet ... and... DELICIOUS.

I am talking about none other than Pastoral, the house of amazingness that I am proud to call my next door neighbor.


That's right - neighbor. 

If you're a Chicagoan and haven't yet had the immense pleasure of introducing yourself to Pastoral, please drop what you're doing and go eat lunch there. 

It's as though wine & cheese got together and had a glorious love child in the form of a little shop. I am aware that wine and cheese is not an entirely original combination, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Pastoral takes an old friendship and turns it into a modern day romance. 


Walls of wine - amazing varieties, quirky beers, and convenient picnic packs. I accept. 

The chamber of cheeses


Cheese from cows, cheese from goats, cheese from sheep, cheese from Wisconsin, cheese from Sweden. You name it and the cheese ninjas at Pastoral have got it, ready to give you a sample and watch knowingly as you nearly cry out in wonderment. 

But what really puts this place over the top ... 


Oh yeah. They serve up uhhmazing sandwiches and salads, such as the tasty treat pictured above. This monster is actually a side salad - and costs right around $4!! Mixed greens, goat cheese, tomatoes, spiced almonds (!!!) and balsamic dressing. A perfect Cinch! meal. 

I also tried a sandwich of the vegetarian variety, spread with goat cheese, almond butter and avocado. That sandwich is not pictured because it was too busy being shoveled into my face... apologies.

I'm deeply in foodie love with this place, and am so grateful to have their charm oozing into my apartment from next door. 

What makes a great local spot in your town?




No comments:

Post a Comment