Thursday, June 16, 2011

A chicken-y taste of home.

Today might be the best day of my life. Or, at the very least, it's the best day of this week.


Chick-Fil-A opened on Chicago Ave today, and River North just got that much cooler.

You might be wondering about that tent situation. The first 100 adults in line at Chick fil A when it opened today got free Chick fil A for an entire year. A year. Of Chick... fo' free! I would camp out starting at 6pm the day before for that. If I didn't have a job. And if I wasn't squeezing into a wedding dress in the nearish future. 

I'm particularly excited about this meaty debut, not only because of the sheer deliciousness, but because this establishment reminds me of Georgia of course. I mean, Chick fil A biscuits were on sale every morning in my high school cafeteria. My father sent me a photo of his spicy chicken biscuit, carefully positioned on a plate, when the scorchin' sandwich made its appearance on the Chick menu. 

We're into it. 

These days more than ever, I've really fallen in love with healthy living, so I love that a fast food joint that serves up batter fried chicken also has health concerns in the back of their genius minds. Not only is their website helpful when it comes to tracking down nutrition info, but they offer alternatives like the following: 


The char-grilled chicken sandy. How gorgeous is that product? Lose half the bun, and you've got a serving of protein & a serving of whole grain. Probably enough healthy oil to count as plant-based fat as well.

Add this guy for a serving of produce: 


And you've got yourself a delicious set-up, without sacrificing your health. Only 340 calories, 4g fat & 4g fiber if you ate the whole bun.

Fits in well with my Cinch! plan, too!

I am very anti-artificial sweetener, but I think I might have to make an exception for this guy ... 


Diet lemonade. True love.


No comments:

Post a Comment